TTT-1 & TTT-2
TEP endorses the national certification program offered by the National Wireless Safety Alliance (NWSA) and provides training to prepare candidates for NWSA examinations.
The NWSA has defined two levels of telecommunications tower technicians for crew members who perform general construction activities with an emphasis on tower system installation, modification, maintenance and inspection of support structures used in telecommunications. This includes personal wireless and public safety communications, utilizing networks and broadcasts.
TTT-1 & TTT-2 Description
Two levels of technicians are defined as:
- An individual who can safely perform tasks on telecommunication sites under direct supervision.
- An individual who can perform tasks on telecommunication sites and is capable of supervising TTT-1 technicians and trainees.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Successful completion of OSHA 10.
- Concurrent passing the computer-based test for TTT-1.
- TTT-1 certification.
- Concurrent passing the computer-based test for TTT-2.
TTT-2: 1.5 Hours